The South African market leader in the sale, installation and service of vehicle maintenance and wash systems for over 80 years! Founded in 1938, Garage Equipment Service has built a proud reputation for quality products and reliable after-sales service. We understand our customers’ needs, and offer professional advice on all vehicle maintenance and wash requirements. Our team has a combined industry experience of over 400 years – 220 of those from only 10 people! We value every member of staff and believe in strong family values.
Our head office is in Johannesburg, the heart of the South African economy. We have regional offices in Cape Town and Durban with sales and service coverage over the whole of South Africa and into other Southern African countries. We continue to grow our customer base through the supply of quality brands at fair prices, with products which offer safe, reliable and cost-effective service. We strive to help our customers to achieve optimum productivity and profitability through the use of our products and services.
Customers include oil companies and fuel retailers, motor dealership and car rental companies, bus operators, transport and logistics companies, mines and construction companies, tyre companies and fitment centres, municipalities and government departments. We have strong relationships with our loyal suppliers too, some of which extend over half a century! All are industry leading brands:
- Istobal – vehicle wash & care
- Stertil Koni – heavy duty vehicle lifts
- Schulz – compressors and air accessories
- PCL – tyre gauges & inflation systems
- Bosch – vehicle diagnostics and air-conditioning equipment
- Beissbarth – wheel and tyre equipment
- AC-Hydraulic – jacks & hydraulic equipment
- Majorlift – pit jacks & brake tools
- Orion – lubrication equipment & oil monitoring systems
- Annovi Reverberi – high pressure wash equipment
- Ergox – car vacuum systems
- Macneil / Ryko – car wash systems
- Tecaquip – Sanitizing equipment, workshop furniture & storage solutions.
We are a proudly South African company and are committed to the success and development of our country for the good of all who live here.
A Brief Timeline of Our History:
- 1938 – Company foundered as a repairer of service station equipment
- 1969 – GES bought by Louis Rudling and Roger Mundell. The company acquired agencies for compressors, lifts and lube equipment.
- 1971 – Expanded the business and opened the Durban branch
- 1972 – Opened Cape Town branch
- 1980 – Louis Rudling bought out Roger Mundell’s shares
- 1986 – Current owners Robert Rudling and Dave Jones joined the GES team
- 1995 – GES acquired the agency for Ryko carwash system – the start of a new era for the company.
- 1999 – GES milestone – sold our 100th automatic carwash system!
- 2002 – Sean Deeley joined the GES team.
- 2010 – GES commissioned the workshops and wash bays for the Guatrain Bus depots in Midrand and Pretoria – our record single biggest contract! The automatic bus wash systems were from manufacturer FDI+ in France who were later acquired by Istobal starting an important new era in the GES story.